Your dream to United Kingdom is actually a lot simpler than it seems!
Here’s an easy step-by-step guide for UK visa application for Filipinos
- 1 1. IDENTIFY THE VISA TYPE YOU NEED
- 2 2. ACCOMPLISH THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- 3 3. BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT VFS GLOBAL ONLINE AND PAY THE APPLICATION FEE
- 4 4. PREPARE THE UK VISA REQUIREMENTS
- 5 5. SUBMISSION OF REQUIREMENTS AND BIOMETRICS ON APPOINTMENT DAY
- 6 6. WAIT AND COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT AT VFS GLOBAL CENTER
1. IDENTIFY THE VISA TYPE YOU NEED
Prior to the actual application, it is very important to identify first what type of visa you’ll need to enter the United Kingdom. As this country issues various types of visas and each visa type’s purpose and requirements varies from one another.
For this guide, United Kingdom Visa for General Tourist Visa will be tackled. This visa allows tourists to:
- • Go on holiday or Visit family and friends
- • Do academic research or Study for up to 30 days
- • Take part in sports or creative events
- • Receive private medical treatment
- • Stay in the United Kingdom (UK) for up to 6 months
2. ACCOMPLISH THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Once you’ve identified the type of visa you need, you can now register on the official UK website (www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk) to begin your visa online application. After your email verification, you can start entering all necessary information under the “Apply for Myself” page.
For General Tourist application, here’s guide on how to fill up the “Select Visa Type” option:
- • Reason for Visit: Visit
- • Visa Type: Tourism
- • Visa Sub Type: Visa – Tourism – 6 months
Here’s a quick rundown on the questions that will be asked to you:
- • Personal information about family, hometown, and birthdays
- • Present home address and years of residence
- • Personal income and source of income
- • Travel history for the past 10 years
- • Employer details including address and telephone number
- • Information of the friends and family living in the UK
- • Intended travel dates, hotel accommodations and contact information in the United Kingdom
- • Estimated cost of the trip
- • Criminal, civil, or immigration offences that you may have committed
Make sure that all the information you entered is factual and valid before submission. Do not underestimate the people processing the visa application. They are very thorough and will question all information that you submitted.
3. BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT VFS GLOBAL ONLINE AND PAY THE APPLICATION FEE
For the application of the General Tourist Visa, you much schedule an appointment first, if not, the VSF Global will the assist you. The applicant must accomplish the online application form, after that the applicant will be asked to choose preferred appointment date at the chosen visa application center.
Here are the VFS Global centers in the Philippines:
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc., Mezzanine Floor Unit MO1, Ecoplaza Building, 2305 Chino Roces Avenue Extension Makati City, Metro Manila 1231
VFS Global Services Philippines Private Inc., 9th Floor, Keppel Center, Unit 905, Samar Loop Cor. Cardinal Rosales Avenue, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City 6000F
Application submission with a prior appointment:
Monday to Friday 07:00 AM – 02:00 PM
Walk-in Submission only
Monday to Thursday 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM
Application submission – Prime Time Appointment (this is only available in Manila)
Monday to Thursday 06:00 AM – 07:00 AM
Pick up Time
Monday to Friday 02:00 PM – 04:00 PM
After choosing your preferred application date, you will now have to pay the application fee. For the General Tourist Visa or the Short-Term Visitor Visa you will have to pay £121.00.
For additional information:
The Standard Visitor UK Visa fees in the Philippines as of August 2019 are listed below:
- • Short-term (up to six (6) months, single or multiple entry) – £121
- • Longer-term (valid for up to two (2) years) – £459
- • Longer-term (valid for up to five (5) years) – £832
- • Longer-term (valid for up to ten (10) years) – £1045
4. PREPARE THE UK VISA REQUIREMENTS
All required documents must be submitted in original copies and one set of photocopies.
Below are the required documents you need to present for the visa application:
- Passports and other travel documents • Present/Current passport o Must be valid within 6 months from the intended travel date
- Have at least two pages for the arrival and departure stamps
- Previous passports or travel documents for travel history
- Photocopies: Bio page of current visa
- Valid and expired visas
- Front and back of current and previous visas
- Proof of Financial Capacity • Bank Statement/Certificate
- Employee Contract/Certificate
- Payslips from the last 6 months
- Proof of Sponsorship
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Travel Itinerary • Provide a detailed day to day run-down of accommodations, activities, and places you’ll be visiting during your visit with the corresponding date.
- If you have already booked departure and return tickets and accommodation for your entire trip you can include the reservation vouchers in the flight ticket and hotel reservation, respectively.
- Approved Leave Letter • This letter serves as a proof that you are currently employed and a reason to return to the Philippines.
- VFS Global Appointment Letter
• A confirmation email after your appointment will be sent to you. Print this out and include it in your application
These supporting documents listed below must also be considered to include in your application:
- • Details of current residency
- • Parents: Name, Address, Birthday and Passport Number
- • Partner: Name, Address, and Passport Number (if applicable)
- • Relative or a Friend living in the UK: Name, Address, and Passport Number
- • Details of previous travel history for the past ten (10) years
- • Details of Criminal Record and Immigration offenses (if applicable)
These supporting documents listed are not required, but to have them on hand is good. Do not hand in these documents unless you are asked to do so. However, let the visa officer know you have additional documents in the events it is needed.
5. SUBMISSION OF REQUIREMENTS AND BIOMETRICS ON APPOINTMENT DAY
Reminders on the day of your appointment and interview:
- It is advisable to arrive at the chosen VFS Global center at least 15 minutes early before the scheduled time. Entry is restricted and it is done per designated interview time.
- Bring the printed appointment letter and all the required documents in original copies and one set of photocopies.
- Wait your turn for the biometrics such as fingerprints and a photo of you o Register your fingerprints.
- Photograph scanning; no sunglasses are allowed and face must be clear and visible.
- • Must be in appropriate attire.
A receipt will be given to you and should be kept for the collection of documents later on. The collection of the documents can be in person at the application centre or can be delivered by courier.
Applicants can get an update on their visa application via SMS service available at various stages of the application process. And this SMS service can be purchased for P 150.00.
6. WAIT AND COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT AT VFS GLOBAL CENTER
The UK Visa Processing will usually take 5-15 working days. If you purchased the SMS Service, you will receive a text if your passport and hopefully your approved visa are ready to be claimed at the VFS Global center.