Not only that you can browse for Turkey’s tourist spots on the internet, but you can also apply for an e-visa online, and let your wanderlust take you to its breathtaking destinations! Sounds great? It sure is. In this article, you will know about the Turkish visa requirements for e-visa , what makes a tourist traveler eligible for an e-visa, what privileges can be enjoyed, and when to go to the Turkish embassy.
The Turkish e-Visa
E-visa, as you’ve correctly guessed, is an electronic visa which can be applied and accessed online if a visitor, like you, is eligible and has successfully complied with the requirements set by the MFA. That means one who desires to go to Turkey has to accomplish and send forms online, pay online, and receive the visa online.
The Turkish e-visa, however, has a limited scope. There are over 100 countries accepted for an e-visa application, among them is Philippines, but not all Filipinos are eligible. So…what makes you qualify?
Turkish e-Visa Eligibility
You can proceed with the convenience of an e-visa application online if you:
- Will visit the country either for tourism or business purposes;
- Are a holder of an ordinary passport (at least six months before expiration upon arrival);
- Have a round ticket and hotel reservation;
- Have enough expenses to spend during stay in Turkey (at least $50 per day); and
- Have a valid Schengen members or USA, UK, Ireland visa or residence permit (not in electronic form).
While most travelers can confidently qualify for the first two criteria, some might broke their hearts after reading the third. Schengen visa refers to the visa from the countries which are members of the Schengen—countries that are declared by the European Union to be passport-free. If already obtained from one of your travels, you might as well use it to kick-start your e-visa application. (If you do not have this yet, you may jump reading to the later part of this article.)
Easy as 1-2-3: E-visa Application (For Eligible)
With just three simple steps, you will be able to know whether the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) will grant you the e-visa you need to tour in Turkey. Visit www.evisa.gov.tr to get started. Then, follow these steps:
- From the official website, click the “Apply” button to start. In this process, you will be asked the country you are from (Philippines) and the type of travel document/passport you have (ordinary passport, etc.). Note that you can only proceed if you will use your ordinary passport as your supporting travel document. You will also be asked to verify that you are not a robot, for security purposes.
- You will be asked to provide your travel information. You have to give them when you plan to arrive in Turkey. Filipinos are only allowed to stay as tourists for only 30 days, unless extension is requested and granted during stay in the country. In this page, you will also be shown a sneak peak of what you will have to pay for the transaction ($20).
- You have to confirm that you have met the requirements set by the MFA. You have to tick the boxes which includes verifying the aforementioned requirements in the subheading Turkish e-Visa Eligibility of this article.
- Provide your personal information including your name, date and place of birth, parents’ name, passport number and other passport-related information, supporting document and expiration, email address, address, and phone number. Save and continue after accomplishing the form. Then, verify.
You will be sent an email. Click “Approve” to be redirected to the payment page. $20 shall be paid to process your application. You may pay via Visa, MasterCard, WeChat Pay and other similar platforms.
3-Download Your Visa
After paying, you will be redirected to a page which will tell you that the transaction is over and that your e-visa, if approved, is ready for download. Print it out, but make sure to keep an e-copy of your visa.
Not Eligible…What Now?
If you did not meet the requirements to avail the e-visa, you can still apply via visiting the Turkish embassy. It is composed of two phases: the online pre-application, and document filing and interview in the embassy. Here are some useful tips.
Before going to the embassy, you have to make sure that you made an appointment first via www.visa.gov.tr. In this site, you will be asked to provide personal and travel details and upload attachments that support your information. Your information will also be printed which will serve as your application form. Also, secure a copy of the screenshot of the date of your appointment and bring a printed copy along with the application form in the embassy.
Here are the documents that will be asked to attach:
- 2×2 photo (white background)
- Proof of Income, ITR, Bank Certificate
- Flight reservation and hotel booking
- Proof of commitment to return and/or Certificate of Employment
- Passport copy
- PSA Birth Certificate
2-Document Filing and Interview in the Embassy
The Turkish embassy in the Philippines is located at 2268 Paraiso St., Dasmariñas Village, Makati City. When visiting for your appointment, make sure that you bring with you the original documents you attached in the pre-application. Documents will be collected by the Consular Office which might also give you several questions.
You will pay $60 and will have to return to the embassy to claim your visa.