There is so much to love about Philadelphia. This gem of the northeast is a home to several iconic American
Revolution landmarks. Aside for its picturesque landscape and rich cultural history, the city is also known for its
historic farmers market which seemingly enthralls both seasoned locals and amateur tourists who are in for a
Just a few blocks from Philadelphia City Hall is the remarkable food paradise – The Reading Terminal Market.
Whether you’re a foodie or just an ordinary person with a serious appetite, this wonderland is definitely a go-to.
The notable landmark offers a wide array of dining choices from Philly classics to delectable international cuisines.
With an overwhelming food selection and limited stomach capacity, a list of must-try is certainly a lifesaver.
To help you out, here is a list of our top ten favorites which are guaranteed to blow your mind.
- 1 1. Tommy DiNic’s Sandwiches
- 2 2. Pomegranate Blueberry Chunk and Moose Tracks by Bassetts Ice Cream
- 3 3. Gator Gumbo and Alligator Sausage by Beck’s Cajun Cafe
- 4 4. Maple Bacon Doughnut by Beiler’s Bakery
- 5 5. Prosciutto Hoagie by Carmen’s Famous Italian Hoagies and Cheesesteaks
- 6 6. Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Pomegranate & Chickpeas by Zahav
- 7 7. Chicken Pot Pie by Molly Malloy’s
- 8 8. Chocolate Chip Cannoli by Termini Bros Bakery
- 9 9. Pastrami Reuben by Hershel’s East Side Deli
- 10 10. Stuffin’ Cranberry by The Original Turkey
1. Tommy DiNic’s Sandwiches
From succulent Italian-style pulled pork to the incredibly juicy beef brisket to the famed herb-seasoned roast pork,
DiNic’s sandwiches are surely top-notch. The long queue can be intimidating but we promise you that these icons
are worth the wait.
2. Pomegranate Blueberry Chunk and Moose Tracks by Bassetts Ice Cream
If you are in for a sweet treat, head on to Bassetts and indulge in their creamy and super flavorful ice cream. Get
ready to be swept away by their Pomegranate Blueberry Chunk which has a chocolate surprise. Another one to try
is Moose Tracks, a dense vanilla ice cream with fudge in a peanut butter cup.
3. Gator Gumbo and Alligator Sausage by Beck’s Cajun Cafe
When it comes to alligator dish, nobody does it better than Beck’s Cajun Café. Made with authentic and savory
ingredients, Gator Gumbo will surely leave you wanting for more. Don’t forget to try their exotic grilled Alligator
4. Maple Bacon Doughnut by Beiler’s Bakery
Beiler’s popularity speaks for itself. Who wouldn’t want to try their freshly-made doughnuts that are oozing with
rich fillings? On top of the list of their wide assortment of enticing doughnuts is the Maple Bacon. The maple’s
sweetness perfectly complements the smoked bacon taste – undeniably a match made in heaven.
5. Prosciutto Hoagie by Carmen’s Famous Italian Hoagies and Cheesesteaks
Carmen’s version of the Italian Prosciutto Hoagie is exceptional. The well-known Amoroso’s roll is jam-packed with
scrumptious prosciutto, fresh vegetables and a choice of top-quality mozzarella or sharp provolone cheese.
6. Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Pomegranate & Chickpeas by Zahav
If you are craving for Middle Eastern cuisines, Zahav is the best place for you. Their Roasted Lamb Shoulder is
bursting with so many flavors and the meat is very tender. It is served with basmati rice and dried currants.
7. Chicken Pot Pie by Molly Malloy’s
Molly Malloy’s Chicken Pot Pie does not disappoint. Served in a large portion, this superstar is loaded with
shredded chicken meat, potatoes, carrots and everything you’d expect in a pot pie. Its golden brown tasty crust is a
8. Chocolate Chip Cannoli by Termini Bros Bakery
The Chocolate Chip Cannoli is truly divine. Filled upon order, this delicious treat has a crispy shell and has an
amazing blend of creamy ricotta and chocolate chips. Don’t leave the place without trying this.
9. Pastrami Reuben by Hershel’s East Side Deli
Pastrami Reuben, a crowd favorite, is hands-down one of the best sandwiches there is. This Jewish delicacy is wellseasoned
with spices and served in a generous portion. It is absolutely worth the cost.
10. Stuffin’ Cranberry by The Original Turkey
Stuffin’ Cranberry is a masterpiece made of thick slices of freshly baked bread, aromatic slow-roasted turkey and
sweet cranberry sauce with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. Undeniably, this is one perfect meal.