A Day in LA Tour
A Day in LA Tour is the perfect way to see Los Angeles if you only have a few days in the city. Despite the notorious traffic, we got to see a lot in a relatively short amount of time! Even though the tour seems pretty compact, we learned a lot. Our guide, Harisson, was totally rocking it. He was super knowledgeable about Los Angeles, and he constantly gave us interesting facts about each place. We drove by a lot of cool places, like movie studios! The tour wasn’t that great for taking pictures, since we mostly drive by places, but it’s worth it to get a fast overview if you don’t have a lot of time. If you enjoy exploring, this tour might seem too rushed for you, but if you only have a few days, it’s great. Besides, when else are you going to see a major American city in a Jamaican bus?
Cost: $89 for adults and $79 for children
Where to go: The tour starts at the Visitor Center of Santa Monica Pier
How to get there:
- Drive to the nearby parking garage. Parking is about $10 for the day.
- Take a bus to Santa Monica Pier
- Ride the train! A brand-new train line takes you straight to Santa Monica and drops you off at 4th and Colorado. Then you just have a five to ten minute walk to the visitor center.
- Get picked up. The tour does free pick-up at a lot of major hotels in the area.
What you’ll see:
- . Venice Beach. This beach is delightful! I loved all the art and murals. Every surface is decorated with color! My favorite was a big mural named Touch of Venice, to honor the beach’s name.
- Beverly Hills and Rodeo. This is where “Pretty Woman” was shot. How cool walk the streets of a real movie! This area has a deliciously luxurious feel, with lots of upscale shops.
- Farmers Market. I loved the food selection here! It was hard to choose what to sample—I wanted to try it all. The Grove Mall is near here, and it’s a nice place to walk around.
- Hollywood. California’s most famous district has definitely been on my must-see list. There are a lot of people dressed up in costumes here, but you have to pay to take a photo with them.
- Griffith Observatory. There is a lot to love about Griffith Observatory. First of all, the place itself is really pretty. It gives you a great view of the LA area and the Hollywood sign! Of course, I took a ton of pictures. The museum inside is also really interesting. I learned a bit about the solar system and space.