India is one of the countries that you should visit. The diversity in this country is so vast that you can learn a lot from their cultural and religious beliefs. India is definitely underrated and you should see how magnificent the country is.
Are you curious enough to travel this majestic and mysterious country?
Before visiting, India requires all of their tourists to present a Visa. Yes, you heard that right! An India Visa is required for you to enter the country. Thanks to the advanced technology, you can now get your visa thru online.
Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Check if you are qualified for the e-Visa
Applying for a Visa is not that difficult. As long as you know which is which, then you’re good to go. First, you need to know if you are qualified to get an e-Visa.
- It should be 4 days ahead of your arrival date; this should be also within the window of 120 days.
- Provide them your primary intention why you want to visit the country
- They are also in meticulous with your passport’s validity. It should be valid at least within 6 months from the time you arrive.
- It should also have at least two blank pages in your passport.
- You should have enough money during your stay and also have a return ticket.
- For e-Visa, there are several airports who only accept it; you may click here for the list of airports.
If your entry point is not on the list, you need to apply at the Embassy for your Visa.
- Make sure to settle your requirements
Once you have confirmed that you are qualified, you must prepare all the needed requirements for your application. Almost all websites provide a long list of requirements, but nothing to worry. Here is the simplified list for you:
- Copy of your passport’s bio page
- Most recent photos are important – This should be in a well-lit room with white background.
- During your application, they will also ask you when is your travel dates.
- You should be able to answer which airport you will come from.
- Accommodation’s address and contact details – they need to know this to confirm your reservation with the hotel
- Visit their application website
Once you completed your requirements. The next thing that you should do is go to their website and fill out the application form. Here are some key reminders for filling out the form:
- Make sure to click on the e-Tourist Visa
- Choose the Recreation/Sightseeing
Then click on Continue. On the next page, you will be asked to provide your personal information including the details of your trip. After that, you will land on the next page where you need to upload your picture and the copy of your passport.
- Pay for the fees
So after completing the application form, it’s time for you to settle the fees for the e-Visa. Here, you have the option if you want to pay using your debit/credit card or via PayPal. They only accept Visa and MasterCard for credits, while Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro for debit.
The fee at their website is $50 or roughly ₱2,500, they also charge for the bank transaction like around $1.50 to $2.00 or ₱75 to ₱100.
- Wait for your ETA
ETA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization. This will be sent to your e-mail address and contains the information that you have provided during the application. Usually, this will take within 1-3 days; hence there are instances that it will be sent earlier.
Lastly, you need to make sure that your e-Visa is granted. You can still check this at their website and click on the Visa Status Enquiry. You need to provide your Application ID and Passport number.
I hope this can help you in planning your visit to India.