Last July, I got myself a woven laptop sleeve that I am enjoying a lot. I’ve brought it with me to most of my trips, ( I bring my laptop everywhere) and each time I took it out, people would notice and ask me where I got my sleeves from. It’s been a trend throughout my trip so I decided to check out Woven again and realized they had more products. This got me really excited.
What is Woven?
What sets Woven apart is that at its core, it’s a social enterprise that simply wants to sustain the weavers by helping them earn more from weaving and embroidery.
According to the founders, weavers used to earn only Php 600 per month. Considering the amount of time and the effort it takes to finish a single banig mat or product, weavers no longer felt that weaving was a trade worth passing on to their children.
That is where Woven comes in.
In their website, Woven declares that they don’t simply buy and sell; they design for the community. More than that, they hope to change the way the industry works so that it works better for the weavers.
By creating modern, high quality and highly marketable handmade products that use traditional Filipino materials and techniques, Woven hopes to make the traditional craft of weaving viable as a source of livelihood for the community again.
As they’ve grown, they’ve also started adding new products to their lineup. They recently launched the Yakan collection, which uses handwoven Yakan fabric from Basilan. With its vibrant colors and attractive patterns, Woven has made them into keychains, business card cases, and bag tags that would be perfect gifts for friends and family this Christmas.
A laptop sleeve for your office mates
Keychains and coin purse for those who commute to work or those who love to travel ( trust me, a coin purse is important)
A mat for your picnic, beach trip, family bonding moments or even for your home decor.
For your girls’ night out, perfect for money and cellphone+ lipstick
View this post on Instagram
Keep things light and easy with the Liham Mini 👌🏽 Made with handwoven banig and genuine leather, it can fit your smartphone, cash, and cards. Order online and get 3 for only P1000, plus free shipping! Message us thru fb or instagram. *Valid until August 31 or until stocks last 😀
For your chill and rest moments this busy season ( time to distress), wouldn’t this be perfect?
I know you must be busy with your Christmas shopping so I’ve partnered with Woven for a special giveaway!
What to Win:
One (1) winner of an Abre or Liham laptop sleeve
One (1) Maya bag
One (1) Beach bag
How to Join:
- Like the Woven Facebook page and follow @woven.ph on Instagram
- Like Karlaroundtheworld and follow @karlaroundtheworld on Insgtam
- Share this article on facebook with the #WovenXKarlaroundtheworld
- Important: Make sure your post is set to public so we can track entries
- Tag 3 friends in the comment section of the photo. Get multiple changes of winning by tagging more friends (1 entry for every 3 tags)
- We are choosing one (1) winner each for the featured Woven items.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions:
- Giveaway starts from the date of posting until December 20 2017
- The prize cannot be exchanged for any monetary value, eg. Cash.
- This is open to all Filipino citizens. Winners will be announced through Facebook and Instagram. The Woven item will be delivered through courier within 1-3 days for winners based in Metro Manila and 1-7 days for those in provincial areas.