“Magical” is how I would describe Siquijor.
I have heard about it long before because of the myths and legends usually attached to it, but never did I imagine that visiting the island just a ferry ride from Dumaguete would bring a different meaning to “magical” for me. Many perceive it to be filled with things supernatural, but instead, the place is a perfect vacation spot—–providing a welcome contrast of outdoor activities, water sports, peace, quiet, and relaxation. Plus, since it is not too crowded with tourists, you will definitely be able to find your own private nook, if you choose to just be one with nature.
- 1 12 Reasons why you should Visit Siquijor
- 1.1 Impersonate Tarzan and Jane by swinging at Cambughay Falls
- 1.2 2. Visit Lugnason Falls
- 1.3 3. Jump a 22-ft cliff at Salagondoong Beach
- 1.4 4. Swim in the clear Blue waters of Kagusuan Beach and Salagondoong Beach
- 1.5 5. Have a free fish footspa under the centuries-old Balete Tree
- 1.6 6. Kayak and Snorkel
- 1.7 7. Go Old church hopping 8. Visit the Mangroves
- 1.8 9. Top Load on a Multi cab and enjoy the scenery10. Enjoy Coco Grove Beach Resort
- 1.9 11. Enjoy Endless Photoshoots
- 1.10 12. Watch Beautiful Sunsets
- 1.11 How to get there from Manila:
- 1.12 Related
12 Reasons why you should Visit Siquijor
Impersonate Tarzan and Jane by swinging at Cambughay Falls
2. Visit Lugnason Falls
3. Jump a 22-ft cliff at Salagondoong Beach
4. Swim in the clear Blue waters of Kagusuan Beach and Salagondoong Beach
5. Have a free fish footspa under the centuries-old Balete Tree
6. Kayak and Snorkel
7. Go Old church hopping 8. Visit the Mangroves
9. Top Load on a Multi cab and enjoy the scenery10. Enjoy Coco Grove Beach Resort
11. Enjoy Endless Photoshoots
12. Watch Beautiful Sunsets
How to get there from Manila:
- Take a 1-hour flight to Dumaguete.
- Upon arrival, , depending on your group size. take a tricycle, taxi or van to the port.
- From there, take a ferry to Siquijor.
Check out the ferry schedule . Travel time can be as short as 1 hour or as long as 2 hours depending on which boat you will take.
A lot of people do Siquijor as a day trip from Dumaguete. In our case, we decided to stay longer, and it was the best decision we made.