Before leaving on a long trip, I like to pamper myself a little. And there’s no better place in the Philippines to pamper yourself than Obagi. Since my trip was going to be a six-month venture, I decided to really go for it and get the works! Facials in North America are pretty expensive, so it was a good value for me to get one before I boarded the plane. My time at Obagi was like Heaven on earth! If you decide to treat yourself at Obagi, here is what you can expect.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL: Get a complete facial to prepare yourself for your journey.
How to set up an appointment: Setting up an appointment is really easy. All you have to do is call 81-OBAGI and schedule a date. They even send you a follow-up text so you don’t forget! The treatment I got was Php 5,000 pesos, but it was worth it.
Welcome: When you arrive at Obagi, you will be greeted by the receptionist. She will give you a lot of paperwork to fill out especially if it’s your first time at the spa.
Venue: Obagi is bright and well-lit. It looks clean, and you instantly feel comfortable and at home.
The Experience: House of Obagi is a little pricey. Don’t be turned off by this—as your appointment continues, you will see why and realize that your money is well-spent. The first thing you do is lay down on a reclining chair. Most dermas do, but Obagi gives you a blanket. I don’t know about you, but I usually get really cold in clinics! I don’t know why all clinics don’t provide a blanket.
Service: I decided to get a facial cleaning and diamond peeling. They applied ten things to my face. After I was done, I had a complete facial and didn’t feel the need to do anything else. Here is what they did:
- First came the mask. They gently rub cream onto your skin and let it sit for a bit. The mask is designed to lighten your skin’s pigmentation. I was warned that there might be a stinging sensation, but for me there really wasn’t much. I felt a bit, but it was bearable. I could feel my skin getting tighter.
- Next came a steam to open my pores. It felt so nice!
- Finally, they gave me a diamond peel. It was glorious.
- As a bonus, you get a hand paraffin treatment either during the diamond peel or while you’re waiting for it to set! The treatment makes your hands so soft.
- After the diamond peel was ready, I was given a deep facial cleaning. The best part of this was that the girl who gave it to me talked me through each step. I could feel her doing everything so thoroughly over my whole face! It was a lot different than other spa experiences I have had, where I just kind of sat there while they rubbed cream on my face. I felt like I was actually part of the experience!
- The next process was a high frequency wand held close to my skin to close my pores.
- Next, I was given an enzyme mask to exfoliate and tighten my skin.
- After this, I got a Professional-C Serum 5% to remove dark circles under my eyes and fine lines on my face.
- Then Clear was applied all over my face to help with beautiful skin pigmentation.
- Finally, I had sunscreen rubbed over my skin to protect it from the elements.
WHILE YOU TRAVEL:
My facial was complete, but my experience with Obagi was not! I use Obagi sunblock when I’m outside. I use SPF 35. It’s light, and it protects well. Also, it’s a POWDER, so I don’t have to worry about taking off all my makeup to reapply.
So there you have it! I felt perfectly prepared for my long trip with this spa treatment. No yucky travel breakouts or sunburns for me! Be sure to always take care of yourself—even your skin—when you’re traveling.